The rail experts
Cando is one of North America’s leading rail support services companies. We provide safe, innovative, reliable and cost-effective railcar switching and unit train operations. Cando crews work as an extension of your plant operations team and can work with you to develop customized rail solutions. With our broad suite of rail services, we have the ability to combine switching with terminal and transload services, logistics, material handling, track construction and maintenance, railcar cleaning and repair.
With operations across Canada and expanding in the United States, and a fleet of more than 50 locomotives, we can respond quickly with dedicated in-plant rail switching wherever you are.
We are a trusted partner for dozens of customers across multiple industries – designing, building, operating and financing industrial railyard operations – and have close working relationships with both CN and CP to ensure optimum service levels for both parties.
- Best-in-class safety; Safety Management System meets or exceeds Transport Canada and provincial railway regulations and industrial standards (ISNetworld, Avetta and Cognibox)
- Dedicated, competent and flexible crews, and equipment to effectively accommodate your unique production requirements
- Ability to integrate contract facility operation, loading or unloading of railcars, railcar inspections and track maintenance with daily switching operations.
- Committment to find the most effective operational partnerships between our customers and their rail service providers, ensuring all parties are utilizing available resources and track infrastructure on the most productive basis.
- Close working relationships with Class 1 railways, with running rights on their lines at a number of locations across Canada. We also work with Class 1 railroads in the United States.