At Cando Rail Services, safety isn’t a priority. It’s a way of life.
We are committed to the personal safety, health and well-being of every employee of our company. We have a shared safety culture that includes the participation of everyone, every day, in every job, to perform our required duties and provide safe and efficient services to our customers. At Cando, we are TrackSmart. Every job we do, every day that we do it.
With guidance from our full-time safety experts, Cando strives to be an industry leader, focusing our efforts to protect people, property, communities and the environment from any adverse effects related to our operations.
Highlights & Awards:
- RAC Safety Award in 2018 for Employee Safety Education Program
- RAC Safety Award in 2020 for SwitchSmart
- Gold Safety Award in 2018 and 2019 from Imperial Oil’s Canada Fuels
- Numerous CN Safe Handling and CP Safe Shipper Awards
- Local railway company with Railway Operating Certificate from Transport Canada
- Safety Management System meets or exceeds Transport Canada and provincial railway regulations and industrial standards (ISNetworld, Avetta and Cognibox)
- Infrastructure Health & Safety Association Achievement Award for injury reduction in Ontario
- Certificate of Recognition (COR) for Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.