At Cando Rail Services, safety isn’t a priority. It’s a way of life.
We are committed to the personal safety, health and well-being of every employee of our company. We have a shared safety culture that includes the participation of everyone, every day, in every job, to perform our required duties and provide safe and efficient services to our customers. At Cando, we are TrackSmart. Every job we do, every day that we do it.
At Cando Rail Services we don’t just believe, we know that a zero-incident environment can be achieved through good management in combination with active employee involvement. In conjunction with keeping our people safe, Cando Rail Services is dedicated to ensuring all operations are performed with a minimum impact on communities and the environment and by complying with all required regulatory legislation.
With guidance from our full-time safety experts, Cando strives to be an industry leader, focusing our efforts to protect people, property, communities and the environment from any adverse effects related to our operations.
Highlights & Awards:
- Local railway company with Railway Operating Certificate from Transport Canada
- Safety Management System meets or exceeds Transport Canada and provincial railway regulations and industrial standards (ISNetworld, Avetta and Cognibox).
- Infrastructure Health & Safety Association Achievement Award for injury reduction in Ontario
- CN Safe Handling Award 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and CP Safe Shipper Award 2015, 2016
- Silver Award in 2017 from Imperial Oil’s Canada Fuels Operations division
- Certificate of Recognition (COR) from the Construction Safety Association of Manitoba and a Certificate of Equivalency for Saskatchewan and Ontario.